Sunday 5 March 2017

THE sock post - finished!!

I've wanted to make socks for ages and I will learn to knit them this year with the help from my friends at Ready Steady Knit but when I saw this gorgeous sock yarn from Opal I just had to have it and have a go at crocheting a pair.


There are so many lovely colours to choose from but the bright turquoise really stood out and it was this one I went home with.



The "Snuggly Socks" pattern from Simply Crochet issue 24 was very easy to follow and worked up quite quickly.  It's not a difficult pattern, just double crochet and you can measure as you go against your own foot which is helpful!


The heel was a lot easier than I anticipated, with decreases and then increases before continuing around the foot again.



Leaving just a small seam either side of the heels to stitch up, as you can see Mr Weasley wasn't very interested or excited by the new socks!


I got to the top and as there was a decent amount of wool left, I added a little picot edge just to finish them off...

TA DAH!!!


I'm wearing them in my wellies this weekend so let's hope they keep my tootsies warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)