Wednesday 31 August 2016

Beads, boats and bunnies!

Time is flying by again, I can't believe we are at the end of August already.  I don't know about other crafty bods but I usually start Christmas makes in September.  I've got a couple more rabbits to do then moving on to poppies (if there's a demand) and then chocolate orange covers and anything else that gets thrown my way! 
I'm hoping to make myself a chunky cardigan - I picked the wool up today but it's just fitting it in over paying orders, I don't think it will take too long as it's made on a big hook.

Lots more beading done this week with some pearl bracelets and earrings




And also some long necklaces made with beautiful frosted glass pendants 


I have another 2 of these pendants to make up when I get some more cord.

The Tall Ships race has visited our region again over the bank holiday weekend.  I remember going with my dad when it came to Newcastle years ago and it absolutely tipped it down so we didn't stay long!  I found the commemorative plaques a while ago down on the quayside ...


I have noticed recently that one has been badly damaged which is a shame as they're rather special.

This time the regatta came to Blyth and once again my poor Dad had the job of taking me!  This time, however, the weather was beautiful (amazing for a bank holiday weekend!)


I forgot to post a picture of the last bunny before I delivered him to his new family so here he is ...


And off I go to finish the next one! 
Toodles xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)